Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Marvel Legends Series Falcon (Captain America: Civil War)


It's finally arrived! The first lot of several Marvel Legends figures! Here's a look at Falcon based on his appearance in Captain America: Civil War.




Falcon is a good looking figure. I like the head sculpt. I think it has a good likeness to Anthony Mackie. The goggles were sculpted on. The moustache was painted. Yes he has the moustache. It's not easy to see it in the pics. I like that his hair is textured. The body is all new, as have been the case with several other Marvel Cinematic Universe figures. He's supposed to be wearing a one piece flight suit but it looks like a jacket and pants combination on the figure. One thing that bugs me is the size of the crotch section. It looks big and reminds me of diapers. I looked up some pics of the real life suit and it does look a bit baggy. So maybe that's why. There's great sculpted detail on his suit. It looks rather plain and "plasticy" though. Thankfully for the bits of paint detail. The red and brown add some needed colour. I like the metallic gun metal at his shoulders and forearms. The paint apps are not good... The paint does not quite hit where they are supposed to in several areas. 


























Accessories. He comes with a backpack, Redwing (both deployed and not deployed), and his wings. I love that they included Redwing. It could so easily have been omitted. Redwing (without wings) pegs onto the backpack. When deployed we remove it and use the one with wings. Cool! I would have liked if he came with some guns. They are his primary weapons and he has "gun holding" hands after all.  


Falcon's wings have nice detail and were made of stiff plastic. You peg them on the inside of the backpack and Falcon is good to go.


Here he is with the wings equipped. The wingspan is impressive. He can stand well with them. I would have liked if they had some joints or flexibility so as to reenact some of the moves he did in the movie. 



And just to show you how the wings look like on the Sam Wilson Captain America. I stuck them on without the backpack. Though they are of a different design and colour to how they appear in the comics, this looks pretty good.


Articulation. He's got a ball hinge neck, ball hinge shoulders, bicep swivel, double jointed elbows, swivel hinge wrists, ab crunch, waist rotation, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees and ankle hinge and pivot. He can look up and down really well. Head rotation is restricted when he's looking down due to the collar. The ab crunch allows one click forward and just half a click back.

The machine guns he's using in some of the following pics are from Hit Monkey. They fit well in his hands. I came across some pics of him using the guns from the two-pack War Machine which are more accurate. I wish I had thought of that before taking the photos. 































Comparison shots. He stands around the same height as Captain America.




Good figure. I love they included Redwing. I would be happier if he came with some guns. Thanks for viewing!


No comments: