Friday, July 8, 2016

Ghostbusters Stay Puft Balloon Ghost (Marshmallow Man)


It's the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man! Oh wait... it says Stay Puft Balloon Ghost on the package. Maybe he'll appear as a balloon ghost in the movie. I don't know. In any case he'll always be the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man to me.



I ain't afraid of this ghost. Stay Puft is one of the jolliest looking ghosts around. I like his smile and I like that they sculpted in his tongue for him. It's painted with a nice pink too. His look remains similar to how he looked in the 80s. One noticeable difference is that he's got creases and wrinkles on his arms and legs. This suggest that he's made out of some material, like a balloon as the name says. I would have preferred if they kept his "skin" smooth. He is the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man after all. The head and torso are made with a translucent plastic. That's for his light-up feature. It's good that they kept the white tone of the different areas as close as possible. The paint apps are excellent. I have no complaints there. 


























He has a light-up feature. Push the button on his ribbon tie and he will light up in red. It requires three button cell batteries to work. The battery compartment is on his back. 


He does have some articulation. He's got a peg neck, ball hinge shoulders, wrist swivel and ball hinge hips. 





Comparison shots. Stay Puft is supposed to be a giant. But I quite like him in this size. I don't have the Mattel 6" figures if you're looking for a comparison with those. 



And just to give you a better idea of his size.



Stay Puft is a nice figure. I just hope he doesn't yellow. Thanks for viewing!


No comments: