Thursday, June 23, 2016

Marvel Legends Space Venom BAF Series Electro (Evil Adversaries)


Here's a look at the Marvel Legends Space Venom BAF series Electro.




This figure of Electro is based on his modern look. I'm okay with it but I still very much prefer his classic costume. I guess I don't like him being without his mask. He appears "dumbed" down to me if you get what I'm trying to say. The scarring on his face does make him look fearsome but I don't get the impression that he's the powerful villain that he is. He seems more like common thug. The figure has a great head sculpt. He's got furrowed brows and he's scowling with gritted teeth. He looks really mean. The scars were sculpted. The paint for it did not quite hit the mark where it's supposed to on my figure but it's not too bad. I like his metallic blue eyes which gives the impression of his powers coursing through him. The body reuses the "Pizza" Spider-man's body. He's got "electricity" effect hands which is cool. Unfortunately he does not come with normal hands so he's stuck expanding his energy all the time. The paint apps are good. The design on his costume came out nice and clean. 


























He comes with an alternate head which has him with his classic mask on. It's appreciated but it just doesn't go along with the rest of his costume for me. He also comes with the right leg of the Space Venom BAF. 


A closer look at the masked head. I love the look of it. He's wearing a sinister looking smile here. Again I like the metallic blue eyes. The protruding "bolts" of his mask are flexible and allows for head articulation.


I guess a lot of us will be annoyed he does not come with normal hands. If you had a spare Iron Fist around you can custom some for him. 


Articulation. He's got a ball hinge neck, ball hinge shoulders, bicep swivel, double jointed elbows, swivel hinge wrists, ab crunch, waist rotation, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees and ankle hinge and pivot.He can look up and down really well. You don't want to leave him looking down with his classic mask as the lower "bolts" will get bent.






Comparison shots.



A good figure overall. He really should have come with normal hands. Thanks for viewing!


No comments: