Monday, February 22, 2016

Marvel Legends Series 6" Red Onslaught BAF


We've now come to the BAF, Red Onslaught!

First the parts list:

Head - Taskmaster
Body and shoulder armour - Mockingbird
Right Arm - Cottonmouth
Left Arm - Whirlwind
Right Leg - Sharon Carter
Left Leg - Scourge
Back Armour - Captain America


Red Onslaught appears in the AXIS story arc in the comics. As you can tell from the head, the Red Skull has something to do with this. I won't go into further detail in case you haven't read it yet. Now the head is what I don't like about this figure. It was well sculpted but I just don't like the look. I can't wait till the actual Onslaught head comes out. Red Skull's head has good detail. The teeth were sculpted. I like him better with teeth showing. He looks more menacing that way. The head has some black wash on it which is nice. The body is heavily armoured and looks good. I like the proportions. I would have liked him bigger though. I like the tone of the colours. And I like that they did some blacking shading in some areas. 


























Articulation. He's got a ball hinge neck, ball hinge shoulders, bicep swivel, swivel hinge elbows, swivel hinge wrists, ball joint torso, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees and ankle hinge and pivot. The shoulder armour can move up and down a little but are not of much use. He can look up and down decently. He can only lift his arms up to the shoulder armour. The ankle pivot is hindered by the sculpted piece at his ankle but you can actually force it to go over it if you want. 






Comparison shots. I would have liked him bigger. He's looks too small to me.





Red Onslaught is a nice figure. I'll like it better once we get the normal head instead of the Red Skull's. Thanks for viewing!


2 comments:

flywheels said...

Yeah, this BAF just doesn't do anything for me. About time I get to save a little money and only buy the figures in the wave that I really want!

Kim Dubuisson said...

Very cool!