Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Marvel Legends Series 6" Jack O'Lantern (Villains of the Night)


Halloween already? Here's a look at the Marvel Legends 6" Jack O'Lantern.




I really should try to read more comics. This version of Jack O'Lantern is another character I'm not familiar with. If I'm not wrong I think this is a Jack O'Lantern impostor based on the pics. Do let me know. He looks pretty cool. I like his pumpkin head sculpt. He wears a sinister look on his face. His head is on fire. The coolest part are the flames coming out from his eyes. His head is dark brownish orange in colour and has some shading on it. Very nice! The body reuses Ghost's body. The belt piece was added. He carries some pumpkin bombs on it. Like the harness it has good sculpted detail and I like that all the buckles and clips were painted. The paint apps are good. The colours bring out the wrinkles and fabric detail of his attire. He has weak knees and has trouble standing. 


























Accessories. He comes with a sickle, a pumpkin bomb and his jet powered broomstick. The BAF piece is Absorbing Man's left leg. 


As he does not have gripping hands the sickle and broomstick have attached handles to allow him to squeeze his fingers in and hold them somewhat. They shouldn't be there and make them look odd. I wished they had modified the hands then at least he can use them better. There's nice detail on the sickle. The grip of the handle was sculpted and the blade has dents and scratches on it. There's also some black wash on it. I'm not sure how he's supposed to use the broomstick. I mean the translucent orange of the jet booster is used for the footrests and runs some way up the staff. He'll get burnt if he uses it. The staff has good textured wood pattern and I like the rivets on the metal piece.


Articulation. He's got a ball hinge neck, ball hinge shoulders, bicep swivel, double jointed elbows, forearm swivel, ab crunch, waist rotation, ball hinge hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees and ankle hinge and pivot. He can look down but not up. He really should have wrists hinge so as to use his equipment better.

































Comparison shots.





I'm not thrilled about the body. He'll display well with other characters though. And his head will make for a great prop. Lol! Thanks for viewing!


3 comments:

Hobgoblin238 said...

I hate the look of the new Marvel.

Unknown said...

his head is almost the same size as the pumkin bombs that came with the original

Kim Dubuisson said...

Wow! This one is very cool.