Thursday, December 31, 2015

DC Collectibles Batman: The Animated Series (BTAS) Harley Quinn


2015 is coming to an end and what a year it's been. I've posted my highest number of toys for a year and yet I still didn't get through all that I wanted. A couple of you have asked about the Marvel Legends Rhino BAF series. I'm not sure if I'll get to them cause there are several upcoming things which I think you're want to see more. Events wise I attended a lot. When they're based on Marvel and Star Wars it's hard not to want to go. It's very likely there will be some things based on DC next year. I'm looking forward to it. 

Right for the final post of the year, here's Ha-Ha Harley Quinn.




Harley Quinn as you probably know made her first appearance in Batman: The Animated Series. She's such a fun character and I liked watching her interactions with the Joker. At times it was hilarious. The figure looks okay. I think her face is a bit too rounded. I'm also not a fan of the bluish tint on the white areas. I know it was like this in the show but I would much prefer it to be white. The body is plain and smooth for the most part. Aside from the sculpted collar, cuffs and boots. The design of her costume was painted on. The diamonds detail are fine. It's where the red and black colours meet where things get a little messy. The lines are not straight in some places and there's paint slop. She has some trouble standing.   


























Accessories. She comes with a Pop Gun, a "Laughing Fish", a pair of fists, a pair of gun holding hands, a stand and a base. The laughing fish was from the episode of the same name. I can't recall if it appeared in "The Man Who Killed Batman", which is where this figure is supposed to be based on. Still I like that it's included. It makes for a fun prop.


Articulation. She's got a ball joint neck, ball hinge shoulders, swivel hinge elbows, swivel hinge wrists, peg hinge hips, knee hinge and ankle pivot. She cannot look down or up. The lack of an ankle hinge hurts her ability to stand and pose better. 































Comparison shots. She looks a little too thin and short to me. 




Harley Quinn is just okay for me. She'll look good with the other figures. There are a couple more versions of her coming out and I hope they improve on this. 

Happy New Year! And as always, thanks for viewing!


No comments: