Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wolverine Marvel Legends Cyclops


It occurred to me as I was putting this up that I've not done a post on any Cyclops figure before. This would be the first.




This figure of Cyclops is of him in one of his more recent costumes. I think he first wore it in the Utopia story in the comics. I don't really like it because of the wrist guards and shin guards. I prefer the Astonishing look. But my favourite is still the Jim Lee version. The body uses the Bucky Captain America base body. The head sculpt is... well... Cyclops. His left hand is sculpted with his thumb and two fingers extended so he can do his signature "optic blast" pose. The figure has a couple of paint issues. There's bluish silver from his visor bleeding onto his face. The yellow of his gauntlets is patchy and it's of a darker shade than that of his shin guards. The lines on his costume were well done though.  




Articulation. There's a ball hinge neck, ball hinge shoulders, bicep swivel, double jointed elbows, swivel hinge wrists, ab crunch, waist rotation, ball hips, thigh swivel, double jointed knees, calf swivel and ankle hinge and pivot.






Comparison shots.



He's the same height as Emma Frost.


This is a good figure of Cyclops. I hope we get a Jim Lee version which is just as good or better one day. Thanks for viewing!



No comments: