Sunday, August 4, 2013

Avengers Assemble Gamma Fist Hulk


The Avengers Assemble 3.75" line has hit town. Thanks to a friend for getting them for me. First up is the Hulk.




This line of figures is based on the Avengers Assemble cartoon. I have yet to watch it. Hulk is a good figure. There's something off about the head sculpt though. How should I describe it... He looks fresh and disinterested. But if you look at him from the top down, he's got a bit more of an angry look. The body is great. I think it's the best 3.75" Hulk body yet. As he's based on the cartoon, his skin is smoother than the Marvel Universe version. There's still some vein detail on his arms. I would have liked if he had two fists.




He does not come with any accessories. "Raarrrgghhh!! Hulk want S.H.I.E.L.D Gear too!"

Before I get to the articulation, a word of caution. Be careful if the figure has stuck joints. I couldn't move his right hip so I tried the freezer trick. The result was disastrous unfortunately...


He's got a ball joint neck, ball hinge shoulders, swivel hinge elbows, torso pivot, "bar type" hips with hinge, thigh swivel, swivel hinge knees, and ankle hinge and pivot. He could use some wrist articulation.






Comparison shots. I like the size of him.



Good figure. I think I'll find him a new head. Thanks for viewing!



4 comments:

Hobgoblin238 said...

Wowie! I hope he comes on down here to Mexico. I have not even seen a Hulk figure yet.

Dr Syn said...

He's pretty good looking, Maybe better than the Avengers Movie Hulk figure and maybe on par with the recent MU Hulk releases.

Nice. I hope the line makes it here, and not the terribad Allstars ones.

Orniphus said...

Hi, I picked this guy up today and am finding the right hip swivel is locked in place. I've tried boiled water to unlock it and while I haven't had it tear on me it didn't budge. Do you think that joint in stuck in place?

It's a cool figure, but it makes no sense to me to have it not swivel there and takes a lot from the figure if it is stuck in place.

Fred Meyer said...

I had the same problem with a frozen joint on mine in the hip as well. After owning him for months I was able to snag a second one and therefore decided to try to free the joint, now that I had a "stunt double."

WD40 shot into the joint did the trick. It moved slowly at first but now it seems to work pretty well-- on par with the other points of articulation on the figure.