Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Cyberverse Commander Class Shockwave


Here's a look at the Cyberverse Commander Class Shockwave.




Shockwave looks fantastic! Not only is the mold great, but also the colours. He has a very good likeness to how he appears in the cartoon. He has good detail, especially on his back and tank threads. His gun is a tad flat and hollow but it's still decent enough. I would have loved if it had the connecting "thread" to his gun. The majority of his body is light purple. Some areas, notably the shoulders, the inside of his right forearm and the area below his knees are painted in metallic dark purple paint which really makes him stand out. I don't usually like metallic paint, but he is quite shiny in the cartoon so I'm fine with it here. 
























He comes with a missile which you load into his gun arm. To fire, you push the black portion forward. The missile doesn't go very far.


He has good articulation. Shulders, elbows and hips are all on ball joints. They have a good range of movement. Knees and ankles have single hinge joints.

























"That's a good Predaking."

 
Comparison shots.



Shockwave transforms into a tank. I think it looks even better than the Voyager class version. It's more compact and not as plain looking thanks to the colours.

 
There's a slight flaw in the transformation. The light purple flap on his left side is supposed to be pushed in. The light grey shoulder joint hinders it from being done properly. You can force the flap over the joint if you want. I don't recommend doing it though for fear of damaging the toy.
 
Click on the image to enlarge. 



Shockwave will easily mow over the Autobots.


You can view all the images here.

Thanks for viewing! 


3 comments:

Dr Syn said...

As a big Cyberverse fan, I cannot wait for this pocket Shockwave.


Fantastic pictures too, I'll be drooling over them till the day I get mine.

flywheels said...

Oooh. I want! I haven't bought a Cyberverse figure since Twinstrike. I know what my next purchase is now.

Jason said...

@Dr Syn - Thanks!

Hope you guys find him soon!