Sunday, April 14, 2013

Ultimate Spider-man Tentacle Attack Doc Ock


Here's a look at Doc Ock from series 2 of the Ultimate Spider-man 6" line.




I quit watching the cartoon after the first episode so the figure is the first I've seen of this particular version of Doc Ock. Based on appearance he doesn't strike me as genius supervillain. He looks more like a waste disposal worker. I looked up images of him online. The figue has a good likeness to his season one appearance. I think the facesculpt is good except for the oval he has for a chin. The greasy looking hair is well done. He's wearing a body suit. The mechanical parts and tubes are not removeable.



He's got a nice set of octo-arms. They are thin, have good length and are very poseable. And I like the all black colours. They plug into the back of the figure and they stay on quite well. They don't drop off even when you shake the figure. The claws are made of soft plastic. Two of them are in an open position and the other two are closed.


Articulation. He's only got a ball joint neck, ball hinge shoulders and peg hips. 





Comparison shots.




The figure is okay. I don't like the look. I can't see Doc Ock in it aside from the tentacle arms, which by the way are worth considering if you have some use for them in mind. Thanks for viewing!  

 
 

3 comments:

Hobgoblin238 said...

Me likey!

Unknown said...

Yay, I can complete my custom Crowbar figure.

Unknown said...

How can I purchase this?
Please reply