Monday, April 1, 2013

Marvel Universe Black Cat

 
A friend was in Hong Kong recently and he spotted this in a toy shop there. I didn't believe it at first when he messaged me. But he said he examined it and was confident that it was genuine. I trust his judgement and so I asked him to get it for me. It wasn't cheap... 
 

Having got it in hand I must say that it does look and feel authentic. It's just a little dirty and has some paint wear. I suspect that this Black Cat figure may be something that was planned awhile back considering that she's on the old Marvel Universe female base body. But then again, Mockingbird is on the old body as well so who knows. 
 
I think she has a good headsculpt. Her mask and choker were painted on. The "fur" collar is a separate piece stuck onto the body. It's textured and has got great detail. The "fur" on her forearms and calves were also stuck on. They too have great detail but look a little oversized. Black Cat is dressed modestly here. The zipper of her costume was painted on. It should have only been painted on her upper torso. As it is the zipper will be misaligned when we turn her waist.        
























There were no acessories but it would be cool if she came with a whip.
 
Articulation. She's got a ball joint neck, ball hinge shoulders, elbow hinge, wrist swivel, torso pivot, waist rotation, ball hips, double jointed knees and ankle swivel and hinge.


















































Comparison shots.



Great figure. I hope Hasbro decides to release this or an updated figure of her. Thanks for viewing!



Oh and one more thing, April Fools!
 

No comments: